View Single Post
      08-13-2023, 09:08 PM   #42
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by devioushaikuzero View Post
So from getbmwparts, do I need only the $1k kit or do I need the $1,865.76 that includes kit and springs for cars w/o m-sport.
i'd fix the rear subframe bushings 1st, then reassess the path you desire to take

you also need to determine if you have the 704 sportline/m-sport suspension. if you have it, then you don't need sways because it comes with sways. if your car is a base model w/base suspension, it doesn't have sways. if you don't have sways, should you get them? that is the question...

i didn't realize the $905.xx price is for dampers(front struts/rear shocks)+strutmounts etc, only. since they offer it, it implies you can use the m-performance dampers with the m-sport springs, which you already have, if you desire.

or you can do m-performance dampers+springs=$1387.xx

or everything for $1865.xx if you don't have sways and want them. keep in mind, suspension installs are not cheap and swaybars are even more because you have to drop the rear subframe. i suppose you could install sways at the same time they fix the rear subframe bushings to save a bit of labor cost.

while m-performance products will surely work, i'm admittedly going to be a hypocrite here and suggest reconsidering, a proven mix/match option with the Koni SA/Eibach Pro-Kit setup. if you don't have sways, i'm fairly confident there are better options than the sportline/m-sport sways.

i'll hit up johnung as he may have better/different thoughts on this.

btw, the m-performance is a very good setup. i have it myself and paid $$$$bank years ago. at present, value wise, i feel it is slightly expensive with everything ala carte and a generation old.

Last edited by alohasurftoad; 08-13-2023 at 09:24 PM..
Appreciate 0