View Single Post
      06-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #51
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
This Windex trick... Had never heard of it til now. So it doesn't degrade the double stick tape at all, spraying it on? Where have you read about it? I'd be worried about degrading the stickiness, especially if it might mean the lip might come off (read the horror story of E93Mac's lip coming off and getting trashed).
degrading the adhesion? if you want to get down to all rocket scientific then to a molecular level... perhaps? but youre not wiping anything off, hell you can get the same effect using just tap water altho some ppl in here would use distilled lolol. ive used water and installed the spoiler at work in the parking lot...no taping it down or any type of clamping assistance.

I do the windex with vinyl graphics/decals to position while squeezing out the bubblies. I used to install wings west body kits on hondas with 3m only on 3p spoilers/lips/side skirts and rear bumper add ons. I lol at ppl using that black goop shit that bmw slangs (good luck removing that tar). also 3m alone works so well that bolts are optional....nothing ever fell off.

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0