Rep
Drives: 335is DCT

Garage List
2011 335is  [0.00]
2010 X5 35d  [0.00]
2009 E92 328i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Wow I'm so happy to find a thread on this I've had the same issue but no noise here as well since I bought the car a year ago. Took of the kick panel and tried to identify the issue but couldn't.

Wingnutts I'm gonna have to try the silicone trick. Did you also have some kind of resistance or feel in your pedal? I have zero noise but I feel some kind of detent/creak through the pedal only when I push it.

I never had any more than the normal resistance in the pedal. I did have an issue where the pedal was floating left and right. There are after market bushings you can get to replace the original. I went with a plastic one which fixed most of the problem. I wasn't going to deal the work needed to replace it with an aluminum bushing which would have been ideal.

In my experiences with manual cars my entire life, I've always had some creaking/noise issue somewhere in the clutch pedal assembly somewhere at sometime. It is a highly used component, so something will give. A little lubrication here or there has always done the trick for me.
Appreciate 0