View Single Post
      04-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #31
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

My girlfirend has the 09+ iDrive on a 128 cab. I always have been lusting why I didn't get it before when I ordered my car. Tho, after having driven my gf's car around town plenty of times, I've decided that my next car (which I'm shopping/ordering these few weeks), will not have an iDrive.

The navigation, simply. SUCKS!! It so crappy to a point that you simply won't use it, because even the crappiest route in your faintest memory is going to beat it by speed AND distance. I dont' know if it's just that the iDrive only crappily routes around the Vancouver area, but my old Garmin 265WT is light years ahead in terms of giving me the fastest route, possibly even faster routes than routes that I have travelled on for 10 years+.

Also, a lot of the functionalities on the iDrive can be found in the Board Computer of vehicles without the iDrive. It won't have as fancy a GUI as the iDrive, but a lot of the features are still there.

Yes, some will argue that there are a few features that's really specific to the iDrive only. Maybe list out the difference and see if the OP think those difference are worth the 2k. For me, I can't stand having a fancy screen in front of me that cannot route, looking rather ridiculous when it gives me the longest way around town possible and remind me that it cost me 2k.
Appreciate 0