Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
Does Turbo Dynamics have the same issues?? Enrita could you chime in
Is that the reason why TD come with other oillines and are they with a restrictor (smaller diameter)??
It is correct that Turbo Dynamics' stage 2 upgrade which is largely similar to the RB turbos does not use the stock oil lines; I believe Rob Beck conceived a special adaptor in order to make that possible, which TD did not do (probably due to lack of development time). As a consequence, custom oil (and water) lines had to be made for these.

There was also an oil consumption problem with these on E92Fan's car, which burned oil through the exhaust as well. When looking at the turbos it was visible that the oil lines leaked oil. He later found out that the washers / seals on the oil lines were the culprit as these cannot be re-used. They must be replaced with each install, and as E92Fan took the turbos out quite often, the original seals didn't work properly any more and oil started leaking out.

However, I think the OP already confirmed that this cannot be the problem and that the oil lines themselves had already been verified.

Other than this, I believe that E92Fan didn't have any oil leakage problem with the upgraded turbos. AFAIK he's running them with the PROcede at around 16psi right now.

Alpina_B3_Lux