View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Top Gear - US vs UK Versions

I see that quite a few folks here are familiar with the UK version of Top Gear. I like it quite a good bit. I've watched a few of the US version episodes and quite frankly, I'd be embarrassed, were I the original show's producers/executives, that the US variant shares the name.

Just wondering if any of you share my feelings, or if any one likes the US version. For my part, I think the US hosts are the main problem. They have no character, no flair, no personality. It's like watching MBA students make presentations about cars. They cannot deliver smug humor very well at all. Most likely because they don't really know how to use the English language, they just speak English. Indeed, unless I just want to see some video of a car that appeals to me, I don't even bother.

And that's another thing...have any of you noticed how crappy the video is on the US show. I cannot tell you how often I've seen blurred imagery on that show, yet I cannot recall ever seeing blurred, jiggly video on the UK show.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 01-26-2011 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: punctuation
Appreciate 0