05-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #26
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
If i asked you not to film me, then you should respect my wish and stop filming me. Its that simple.

The cop could have done the same, or simply ignore the kid with his camera since then cop wasnt doing anything illegal other talking to a person in a car. For all we know, the cop could have been talking to his brother.

In the end, what the cop did was wrong.
It seems obvious that what the cop did was wrong, and I agree with that. On your main point that about respecting your wish to not be filmed: Do you extend that idea to all the cameras that the government has set up in public places to film you and everyone constantly? It seems to me that if the government can invade your privacy by filming you despite your objections, then you as an individual should have no restriction either legally or morally.

Also, should professional news reporters be treated the same way as this kid?

And should citizens who do not wear a badge and uniform be justified in their actions that mirror the attitude and reaction of the cop? Was the kid doing anything illegal? Should one who is not violating the law have to endure such control measures?

If this were the normal reaction of police, then it is certainly a police state. I would hope that this is an example of just one rogue cop that needs to be exposed as the kid was simply trying to do.

Last edited by scottwww; 05-11-2011 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0