05-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
It seems obvious that what the cop did was wrong, and I agree with that. On your main point that about respecting your wish to not be filmed: Do you extend that idea to all the cameras that the government has set up in public places to film you and everyone constantly? It seems to me that if the government can invade your privacy by filming you despite your objections, then you as an individual should have no restriction either legally or morally.

Also, should professional news reporters be treated the same way as this kid?

And should citizens who do not wear a badge and uniform be justified in their actions that mirror the attitude and reaction of the cop? Was the kid doing anything illegal? Should one who is not violating the law have to endure such control measures?

If this were the normal reaction of police, then it is certainly a police state. I would hope that this is an example of just one rogue cop that needs to be exposed as the kid was simply trying to do.

Cameras that the government has set up in public places are for security purpose and the videos will stay away from public eyes.

You filming me scratching my balls in public will end up on youtube.
Appreciate 0