09-18-2022, 12:22 AM   #7
CoopersF15
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Michael View Post
I am hoping someone could help me out. I just had Ohlins R&T coilovers with Millway street camber plates professionally installed on my 2018 340i xdrive. There is a creaky, clicking and sometimes minor clunking sound coming from around the front suspension which is very audible from the cabin when driving. The clicking type sound is persistent over 99% of road surfaces. The minor clunking sound only seems to come from the passenger front suspension over only certain bumps in the road. The squeaking/spring binding sound is just usually when turning the wheel at low speeds. My mechanic has pinpointed the persistent clicking as coming from
the upper strut bearing which he said is likely worn out. He said to purchase new ones which I have and have yet to be installed. Could anyone please provide any insight or experience they may have had with a similar experience associated with these specific upgrades or ones similar? I love the new suspension setup, it has completely transformed the way the car feels and handles, it's unreal how impressive it's capabilities now are. Although, these sounds are a real downer especially considering the quality of the parts installed and the fact they were installed by a trusted and experience mechanic. Someone please help. I will live with these annoying sounds considering how incredible the car's handling performance and overall ride quality has improved but I'd really like to get rid of them. It sucks.
You should take it back to the person who installed them. They should be able to diagnose and rectify.