08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
Jblack4083
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3 JB/CB

BMW will have a supercar IMO

This is just speculation.

I think BMW will create a "supercar" / halo car and will use the 8-series moniker for it.

I feel this way because of the i8. Just the fact that we recently learned there will soon be an i4 and i5 leads me to believe BMW will make use of the number 8 in the future. It seems the i3 and i8 have set a range for BMW which they will fill most of the numbers in between. I think this will spill over into the regular BMW division and there will be an 8-series vehicle. Also the i8 is a very high-profile vehicle. It sits low, its sleek, has an engine in the rear. IMO when they make use of the 8 series moniker the car will follow these cues.

Secondly, the i8 shows that BMW has the ability to insert an engine into the rear of a car. Although the i8 has it's hybrid system with the electric motors in the front, it shows BMW is open to inserting an engine in the rear of a car.

Lastly, all of these arbitrary vehicles BMW has been creating will allow them to get some funds to make a car they dont really profit off of.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0