View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #7
glennjoseph
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
Menzerna PF2500 is more of a med/light polish. With the right pad combination, you should be able to remove close to 90% of the defects. Do a few test spots to dial in your process before doing the whole car. Start with a polishing pad and if that is not getting the desire results then move to a light cutting pad....if still not getting it then a heavy cutting... then fiber...and so on.

Menzerna is a diminishing polish so you have to make sure the polish breaks down to achieve best results. Make sure you mark the backing plate so you could monitor the rotations. Not enough pressure = pad spin too fast = nothing happens. Too much pressure = pad don't spin = nothing happens. Menzerna tends to be bit oily and I generally do a IPA wipe down immediately after to ensure the panel being completely naked (no filler, no oil, no film, etc). This also ensure the result is the actual result as well as to promote better adhesion with A sealant/wax. This might not be necessary if you are using Menzerna power lock sealant since most company designed their products to work together as far as "adhesion" is concern.

Don't get caught up with what is the "Best" product for this or the best for that. Proper techniques will compensate for bad products but no products could compensate for bad techniques.
So I've done a rough analysis and the swirls are not very visible even in direct sunlight. Although, I have to say, on the rear bumper there are swirls galore...So do you recommend I use my Menzerna with the orange cutting pad on the rear bumper, or can I use it all around?

Thanks for the advice on the pressure, I'll remember that. For the areas with very light swirls can I just use my Menzerna and orange cutting pad and reduce the amount of passes? or is it necessary to buy a dedicated polishing pad? Also, I haven't bought a separate backing plate, do I need to buy one or is there another way to use my orange cutting pad with my 7424? I still need a sealant recommendation