Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 AW

Garage List
2014 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Crossfit; for when you absolutely, positively need to injure yourself in the shortest time possible. I been lifting since I was 20 (I'm 35 now) best workouts are bodybuilding ones; keep perfect form, concentrate on muscle being worked, use a weight that you can move CORRECTLY with a FULL range of motion, keep time under tension, and make sure you realize that every rep has a negative and the negative part should be slow and controlled. This has always worked best for me.

Look up Ben Pakulski and study his training method. I guarantee you will get results and your joints will love you for it.
^^ this is very good advice. I'm almost in the same boat (similar number of lifting yrs) and can vouch for every word written above. A lot of folks swear by Crossfit but I'm yet to hear anyone concisely describe what it is they refer to as "technique". Crossfit to me, is like Brazil soccer team trying to lift the 2014 world cup based on emotion alone.. can go only so far.

Lifting is rather simple and techniques are basic (there's no magic really) and over time, muscle density will increase, just have to be patient as it is a long-term game. With persistence and a clean diet, results will show in due time. One thing that most folks don't talk about is common sense - during training sessions, our body does tell us when it is time to stop, pushing it further should be a calculated risk. I'd say it is better to slowly ramp intensity. Just my $0.02.