View Single Post
      09-23-2009, 10:47 PM   #106
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

well Brian, Shawn, and I went for a cruise in the M Coupe and the Supra tonight and had a little fun...in Mexico of course .

although neither of us get traction in 2nd gear, the M Coupe is to the point that it can't be controlled LOL. so we did a quick 3rd gear 50mph roll on instead. i don't know exactly how fast i was going when i shut down, but i shut down right at the 4-5 shift. the M Coupe pulled 1 carlength in 3rd, but his 3rd gear ran out before mine, allowing me to regain a fender or so. but after shifting into 4th, i lost another 2 carlengths. so from 50-1xx mph, i lost by 3 carlengths...right now i'm boosting ~16psi. Brian is boosting ~13psi...and that will increase when the custom tune is done.

hopefully i'll get a chance to fill up w/ 100 octane, turn the boost up to 19-20psi, and see how we stack up before he goes back to Nick for the custom tune. i also have a MAP ECU II that i want to install and tune, and hopefully that'll be enough to hang with Brian on "low boost" after he gets back from Nick G...if not, oh well - that'll have to do for now, as i can't yet splurge on a big turbo setup.

here is some video footage, but be forewarned - most of it was shitty, and so we had to scrap a great deal of it. the first part is one of the races between Brian and I (you can just barely hear me running through the gears next to Brian). the second is a fly-by - we both did one, but Shawn had his head up his ass when i went by, so he only got good footage of the M Coupe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NBgK-_nQJg