View Single Post
      09-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
bigslick82
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
No MPEG2 and 720p limits sort of make it a lame duck, at least once (and if) the Boxee ever arrives.

Any momentum Apple had with lala.com appears to be dead, the new Ping looks about as useful as Google Buzz 2.0.

I do hope that the new iOS will truly address the proximity sensor issues on my iPhone4, so far it's been really annoying.

Overall, a pretty meh event from Apple with nothing of interest to me. I was hoping for a camera update on the iPad, which would make it a useful present for my parents to allow FaceTime. Oh well.
I'm really glad you brought this up. Lala.com was the greatest site I've ever come across for music. Not only could you stream a full-length song one time, but the songs were encoded in high bit-rate mp3 formatting. After apple bought them out, I thought that technology would come to iTunes. (sidenote: anyone know a good lala replacement? I've been using grooveshark, but the interface is weird and sometimes the full cd isn't available).

I was really hoping they would update the Classic. I just want a high capacity, no frills music player.
Appreciate 0