01-27-2024, 04:20 AM   #5
winzards007@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Hello.

I mean I would check if those ducts are dry because they seem a possible source of the footwell water to me: they convey air from outside and I guess it could be water as well. There is some drainage under the bonnet that tends to get clogged, they even remove net inserts from them as a recall action. So, if you have a swamp there under a heavy rain, water could get into the ventilation inlet and proceed to the floor through the ducts. This is a wild guess, I don't even bother to look at the RealOEM pictures again to clarify if that can be really possible. Check it yourself if you think it can be it.
Thank you for your answer. It seems a bit unlikely as everytime it happened, the car was off and we had quite a lot of rain (torrential).

I brought to someone who used to work at my local BMW dealer and he discovered that the grey liner in the picture below was torn and not glued to the door frame properly. He glued it and patched it up the best he could and told me to monitor.

We will see. There is some more torrential rain forecast for the coming week, I shall update this post if that sorted my issue.

Picture:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0