View Single Post
      04-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
jdbretz
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 X5d, '12 M3 ZCP, '12 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=lsd ...performance gearing...talked to the guy for a while and he seems to have a good idea of whats goin on.

it only has 3 clutch plates but the amount of track time that im seeing i highly doubt im going to burn those clutches up, but i just want a clutch type over the torsen if the cost is not that much higher.

it would take a little more maintenance but thats not really a problem especially since he drills and threads a bolt in on the bottom.

sorry op im not trying to thread jack but just trying to get a little more info on which lsd to get. if i get the wavetrac its going to be this one.

anyway i like the idea of having the static lock, but if the torsen style really locks in quickly then i might just end up getting the wavetrac.
I had read that thread before. Does that price include the installation in the pumpkin and the pumpkin back on the car? If not, and you want a clutch based LSD, you could buy an OS Giken (which I feel is a much better diff than performance gearing is offering) for around $2000 and Boris can do the install in your car (assuming you were going to be in the atlanta area) for $450. Then your at around the same price as the performance gearing offering (or a lot less if their price wasn't an installed price) but with a much better LSD unit. When I get on my computer I'll edit this post with a link that best describes the pros and cons of each style LSD. Its very informative for anyone on the edge of which type suits them best for their needs or for anyone else possibly considering doing this deal.
Appreciate 0