View Single Post
      05-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
E36ic4Me
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 & M3 Convertible

My first thought is he wouldn't be entitled to anything. If you buy a few items that break at say....Target (or another retail business), they certainly wouldn't give you a freebie in the future.

However, your question reminds me of something that just happened to me last month. My new VW was wearing through its rear tires quickly. I took it in and the dealership found issues with the rear suspension, which they replaced under warranty. Tires for that car in general but especially the ones I had on it were quite expensive. I called VW of North America and explained what had happened. They asked a lot of questions but the last one they asked I think was the key to everything........"have you owned other Volkswagens and if so, how many"!! Bingo! When I told them that I had owned six in the past, they said that I would here back from them tomorrow. They got a hold of me first thing in the morning and said they would pay for a complete set of tires for me due to my issue and my brand loyalty. They rushed the check and I received it the very next day!

So, given my story perhaps something could be done. Although, most new cars will have an issue here or there. It certainly doesn't sound like a lemon or anything like that. Think of how many parts comprise a car, how much engineering, etc. I personally don't think it should shock people when something as complicated as a car (especially one as tech forward as a BMW), even a need one has an issue sporadically. I just look at it is a small price to pay for having a beautiful new car. So, I could see that going either way. If he has been a member of CCA for a minimum of a full year, he is entitled to $500 off a new or CPO vehicle purchase.
Appreciate 0