View Single Post
      08-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #1
Blcoffee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

HPB 40W Angel Eyes Install & Review

* please understand that since my first language is not English, the flow might not be as smooth as it should be.

I recently purchased a used e93 335i.

As many of you will agree, i really did not like the old looking yellow angel eyes.

So i decided to go for an upgrade.

Since there are so many options for this H8 angel eye upgrade, i had to read and research for quite a while.

Lux V4 seemed to be a safe choice regarding its brightness and a clean look.

However, i found them to be a bit pricey than others and i read reviews saying that they have these blue "hot spots" which many users consider annoying.

Then i read good reviews about the HPB 20W angele eye kit, and they seemed to be very good considering its low price tag ($120)

I checked out their website and i figured out they just released the 40W kit for the same price.

So i ordered them last weekend, and i received them just today.

1. Service

Although they seem to not pick up their phone, email responses were very prompt.

Also, it only took me 3 days to get the angel eyes with express shipping.

2. Install

I was originally going to take this to a shop to have it done,

but i decided to give it a go.

It turns out that it was Very Very easy.

I had no previous knowledge of what to do, but i used a couple of youtube videos as a reference and it took me like 15 mins.

3. Brightness

- Daytime -

I installed these angel eyes around 4:30 pm under direct sunlight.

They were noticeable in certain angles.

However, I was a little disappointed at first because they didn't seem to be that bright. I could see the angel eyes under the sunlight, but it was nowhere near the brightness of the new LCI OEM AE.

In conclusion, you can surely tell that the angel eye rings are present, but not that bright.

- After 6:30pm

contrary to the first impression during the daytime, i was very impressed how they were so bright and crystal white as it was getting darker.

I could CLEARLY see the rings from pretty much any angle.

they seemed to be almost [80-90%] bright as the LCI OEM AE.

I was standing in the middle of wilshire blvd to check out the OEM LCI, and i can say the differences are minimal

I have never seen Lux dtec mtech or any other brands in person but OEM LCI AEs.

I cannot compare these to other brands, but all i can say is that i feel that it will be very difficult for an H8 upgrade to be brighter than this.

Also with the headlight on, i could clearly see the ring. there was a clear boundary between the angel eye and the inner xenon.

VERY satisfied regarding its brightness.

Last but not least, the brightness difference between the inner ring and the outer ring seemed very minimal.

i would say that the inner ring is about 5-10% brighter than the outer ring.

but again the differences was very minimal

3. Color

Like many of you, i wanted something that is mostly crystal white with just a tint of blue.

These are exactly what i wanted.

Crystal white with just a little bit of blueness.

Really like the color.

Also, the inner AE seems to be a little bluer than the outer AE, but i would say the difference is less than 10%.

Inner and outer AE seem to have almost identical brightness and color.

i was very surprised.

4. In a nutshell

1. Cheap
2. Easy to install
3. Very bright
4. inner and outer rings look almost the same
5. Get them

* Pictures were taken without turning the xenon on.
[Last picture is with xenon on]

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862324
Attached Images

Last edited by Blcoffee; 08-07-2013 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0