Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8bait
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister wiggles View Post
Having a tune is really fun. The car feels alive and the feeling in my gut during hard acceleration is like the entire shaft and realizing there's room for the balls too. I've recently blown my charge pipe and planning on upgrading it with an aluminum fixture.

As higher boost levels are introduced into the turbo system, what are some of the other components in the that are known to fail? I don't plan on going past Stage 1 aggressive on Cobb AP 2 - likely to stay Stage 1 sport for DD. If I upgrade the charge pipe (no BOV or upgraded DV), can I boost around relatively carefree of anything else exploding in my engine?

I really hate limping around like a prius with 4 fatties crammed in the cabin on a hot summer's day going uphill.
I just died.

FMIC and DCI will provide safety and make things easier on the engine and turbos at virtually all times.

Downpipes will make things easier on the engine and turbos, but only if you do not increase power output. If you increase power output with downpipes, the engine will be stressed similar to before, but the turbos will be working harder. Also, emissions are shady.

Careful with the balls.
And queue the DCI trolling in 3...2...1...