10-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #32
Phil G
Dominator of Deep South curvy roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335 View Post
PS: The Iron bowl against Bama is always a close, tough fought game no matter the rankings of auburn or bama.
+1

Even though this year I'd LOVE to just think that rankings will matter in this game, as a lifelong resident of the state of Alabama I know how this game works with the intensity of the rivalry. Think 2004 when Auburn finished 13-0 with a Sugar Bowl win and Bama 6-6......Bama was leading in halftime and still only lost by 8 points. Unlike many Bama and Auburn fans alike, I'm not writing this game off as an automatic win for Bama. I think we have the advantage, but you just never know. Because of the intensity of the TN game, I'm surprised that game wasn't closer, especially in Knoxville with over 100,000 screamin Vols fans!

Yes, I know we've got a tough road ahead of us (mainly LSU, Auburn, and SEC championship), but our offensive fundamentals have been greatly improving and the attitude of the team is increasingly focused with each game. It won't be easy, but I think we've got a pretty good shot!
-'07 335i coupe (build date 02/2007) - Space Grey/Black Dakota/Dark Burl - 6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/Heated Seats. Acquired in Munich 3/2007 via European Delivery. 16 years and almost 220k miles of pure joy!
-'06 911 Carrera S - Black/Black - Full Leather/Sport Chrono/Porsche Sport Exhaust/Nav - 80k miles. Acquired 1/2021. One needy old German car just wasn't enough!
Appreciate 0