02-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #100
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post
RJBerry, I'm just curious . . . your previous Tanzanite Blue F30 had the cashmere and black individual interior, which to me seemed to be the most attractive individual leather combination available by far, but now you switched to the black with white trim. Was the cashmere color difficult to keep clean, or did you just want a change?

I am asking because I'm having a tough time choosing between these two individual interiors for my car. I usually would choose the black leather, but I am just not a fan of the light contrast stitching and trim on black. I wish BMW offered an all-black option for the trim.

The cashmere wasn't a problem to keep clean really, I did have the leather protected though from the outset. After that it was just a quick wipe over with a leather cleaner every month as part of the general car cleaning routine.

This time, I was persuaded by Mrs B that a change would be good and so I ordered Moonstone. This then meant a darker interior was needed so I went with the black instead.

I would say a lot of the interior colour choice would come down to the exterior colour but that's probably just me. I like the contrast between the two hence the dark Tanzanite with the light Cashmere and now the light Moonstone with the dark black. Which exterior colour are you going with?

The white piping on the black leather isn't too bad when you see it in person. It adds a bit extra that a wholly black seat may just lack