09-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135ilust View Post
I'm going to the fontana speedway in a few days for the very first time. I have toyo r888 on all four runs but I have no idea what their optimal tire pressure for the track is?? Please help !
The correct way to gauge if your pressures are correct is with a pyrometer taking temperatures across the outside, middle, and inside areas of your tread to see if you have consistent temperatures for your suspension setup and for that particular track.

Cheaper way:
Get a tire marker (white) and a tire pressure gauge. With the marker, draw some lines over the sidewall to tread area on all corners. Post session check that you haven't rubbed off marker past the tread area down the sidewall. Check your tire pressure and keep it under your max tire pressure rating when HOT.

In general on our car you can run from 28-38psi cold dependent on tire size, brand, temp, brakes, driving style, etc. Don't let the tires get above 44psi HOT (give margin to your max). For wider tires and camber (I run 285's, I generally start at 31 all around and try to keep to 37 hot), for more stock sizes you need to go up in pressure to keep the tire from rolling over on it's side. Stock with RFT I used to run up to 44 HOT.
Appreciate 0