View Single Post
      01-19-2024, 02:34 PM   #5
KnighTT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 - 2011 E92 335is

There is a 1 day Dragon Rally in March and is the opening event of the year. Right now I am prepping for this event and have a list of hardware to install.

I took off my set of PS2's, and replaced with a full set of Continental Extreme Contact Sport 02's.

265/35/19 and 305/30/19

They fit perfect on the wheel set. Perfect fitment for 9.5F and 10.5R. They even clear the stock suspension but that's getting pulled.

To-Do while the roads are frozen.

- Install new coil overs.
- Configure ride height. Sticking as close to stock as possible as this car is low enough.
- New ceramic carbon brake pads.
- ATE TYP 200 Race brake fluid.
- ECS stainless brake lines.
- String line rig assembly (on the way) and do full alignment. I decided to learn how to do string line alignments and save myself some time and money.
- Set street/track camber and test and document configs for camber plates.

I've got a few last fun things on the way but I've told myself that's it for 2024.

I did flash the car after the Dragon Rally event with MHD. It had a tune of some kind, I am thinking BM3 set to stock but DP fix, but I wasn't sure so I wiped it to stock and flashed so I would know and wipe out any past custom work. I've always ran standalone MHD and that is probably more than enough for the S55.

Flashed the DCT to their GTS DCT tune. I am going to do some research if there are better flashes for the DCT and the E-LSD. Right now this came with MHD so that's a freebie before looking at xHP. That's $500 alone so I want to make sure if it's "better".

Right now I have it on a Stage 1 tune. I liked the GTS tune, especially after the latest revision calmed down the low-load throttle oscillations, but the GTS tune comes with an annoying level of artificial exhaust burble. Not my thing. The car has natural burble I prefer. I may take it down to just the CS tune as I hear it is much more refined. I'm not after more HP, I'm after taking advantage of the upgrades as well as respecting that this engine doesn't need more POWER, it just needs to be driven.

2024 is all about dialing in the new tires, brakes, and the 3-way coil over suspension. That's going to transformational. I've never taken the car above 50-60% throttle and it has all the power I need. The S55 is incredible.

Last edited by KnighTT; 01-19-2024 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 1