09-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
What does your credit look like? If you're just coming out of school I assume it isn't yet 'Excellent' at this point -- so you'll have to factor the (likely) higher interest rates into loan/lease payments you're expecting, or co-sign with your parents to lower the rate.
Case by case honestly.

I had Tier 1 credit and qualified for BMW's top tier when I was 21 and actually still in college (was graduating the month I got my e93 335 back in 09).

Now, getting a mortgage or other large loan (construction, large line of credit, equity, etc) will be difficult as they need a longer history. But auto loans are fairly easy if you've had other types of loans that have been paid off (student, CCs paid on time and used often, etc).

First time auto loans are a bit difficult to get, but if you are Tier 1 with enough income and other credit history, it's not too hard to qualify for the top tier rates.
BMW FS seems to be very lenient from my experience. I've had 5 open Autos with them simultaneous without an issue. Mercedes on the other hand is a PITA, surprisingly Nissan as well (apparently Nissan doesn't like to lease more than 2-3 cars to one individual. Wtf?)

For Op:

Drive lexus, save the cash, and wait for the right buy. There are lease transfers popping up, either on the forum or swapalease/craigslist/etc.

A lease transfer is very simple (I've done it with BMW before). You apply, you get approved, you sign paperwork, you send paperwork, you wait, you get your car (the other party has paperwork to do as well of course)
Appreciate 0