08-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #23
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99stevek View Post
So, i believe i am having a similar issue with my lights ... have emailed Derrek. I believe my lights are coming on and off and issuing a error code driving me nuts in the car.

It could be a heating issue, as described above, so i am hoping if i put the transformer under the light, maybe this will resolve???

do i have to unplug them to put the transformer under ... i hope not as that would be a royal PITA.

S
He recommended you put the housing below the bulb but to be honest, I don't think it is necessary. You could even put the transistor outside of the headlight housing and just close the lid on the actual wire itself. The wire should hold up fine. Any how as mentioned below, just hit up Derrick. He was great to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpdx View Post
A PM or email to Derrick would probably be more effective, which you've indicated you've sent off. I hope, in your case, that none of your wires have melted (I would be surprised if that happened). You really should have installed the unit in the bottom of the housing, like the instructions indicated. Yes, you will have to pull the bulb out to fit everything beneath it, but it's not THAT big of a deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Sounds like cheap Chinese parts. Sure customer service sounds great, but who has time or wants to have to take things apart multiple times.
Possibly. But hey it's working out for me so far.
Appreciate 0