View Single Post
      06-24-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonwit904 View Post
So i just picked up an e93 M3 My 2011, and also have a 2009 335xi - obviously both have the 2.0 iDrive system. However the 2011 I just got has some new features on the iDrive - specifically in satellite radio I noticed - and some really nice ones at that also!

New Features

1. A "Tertiary" menu between the 'satellite radio' station list and the 'radio input' list where you can access these new features such as traffic station quick jump, favorites (different than presets), etc...
2. "TimeShift??" - essentially lets you pause (buffer) sat radio for up to one hour so you can stop, pause, rewind for the lesser of up to 60 minutes prior or however long satellite radio has been tuned in at any point in time. It does all this with organizing everything in the 60min memory by song as well so you can scroll through songs, programs that you have been tuned into within the last hour. This is a great feature if heard a song and want to hear it again, have to take a phone call, etc...Note this feature is under the aforementioned new tertiary menu.

Note that the above features are not present on my 2009 - which was updated to the latest software in March 2010 (ISTA/P 2.37??). Do you think this is available as an upgrade yet for us? will it ever be? Anyone in the know please share!!

I am certain it will never be available for pre-LCI idrive's as they dont have the hard drive where the buffering takes place for the features above, not to mention the new user interface, etc...
Those features are part of the software and hardware changes for MY2010 iDrive... the Sirius tuner is built into the iDrive.

I don't think that we will see those features in the 2009 iDrive regardless of software updates.
Appreciate 0