vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
OK. I now have an SMS from BMW giving me my username/password for connected ASSIST. Have logged in and changed password etc. How do I send Google map locations to my car?? Viv help......
Pete, as the others have said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
no Google doesn't support that yet.

I did ask, but got the usual mumbo jumbo, doubly annoying when it's your own brother giving you the excuse :P

SJ
Jimbo, you need to give your brother a , or better still, take him out for a drive at night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
what they should do is allow you to drag around the map and set any location from the view and send that. Then you would have a properly useful system.
I think the main reason for only allowing business details to be sent, is the cost.

The businesses must bear some of the cost involved in having their details 'advertised' to BMW ConnectedDrive users, via Google Maps & Assist.

That income for Google just wouldn't be there, if they allowed any old location to be used. :mad:

Google Maps uses a closed protocol via BMW Assist, the only difference being the inability to: send 'free text', send 4 different replies to the sent text & receive one of those replies back.

See for yourself in the 'Send my info' part of the ConnectedDrive website- it keeps an archive of all sent 'messages' to the car, currently from both BMW Assist itself & from Google Maps.

If someone put their mind to it, I'm sure the protocol could be 'modified' to allow the sending of any location.

It's also a shame the in-car Assist doesn't automatically download any new messages in 'My info', instead of having to do it manually. :mad:

Viv

Appreciate 0