08-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #1166
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
it's not hard, you just have to remember when it says 100mm, it's going to shoot 100mm instead of like 160...

so sometimes something that you're used to on one camera will just seem a little shorter then you are used to.

did you end up selling that 100-400? because that will be somewhat similar to the 70-200 on a crop body. Obviously a bit of a difference, but you see my point. it's just a light compensation.

you'll be saying a lot for the first few times out with it... "opps, wrong lens"
That's true. I'm sure the focal length stuff will take a little getting used to. But, I was referring to anything else I need to look out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
to be honest, i'm so used to switching between my 7D and my 5DII so often that I often pick up the wrong one now, only to realize when i hit the button and see my auto focus screen, that i realize i have the wrong camera in my hands.

you may not switch back and forth too much from the 20D to the 5D as much, so may not be an issue.
Yeah, I think it'll be pretty obvious to me if I ever switch between the two, which won't be very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
i don't think it's difficult. unless you like the telephoto end. i remember it being really nice putting on a 50 and it being a very comfortable distance again. and when 24mm was wide again.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to using the 50mm a lot more now.