View Single Post
      05-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #50
BenFenner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36/8 | E53 | E91 | E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
everyone complains about the lack of those, but honestly, it's not really a big deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1 View Post
Modern coolant gauges are just idiot lights with moving pointers. They are so damped they do nothing, so why bother?
We will just have to agree to disagree. To me an oil dipstick and water temp gauge are absolutely vital.
Modern coolant temp gauges being damped does not make them less useful to me. (They actually just have extremely tight range on-center. They move quickly and accurately off-center where it matters most.)

Quote:
I feel much the same about them as the dip stick - I trust the computer to be paying attention in the case of issues far more than I trust myself. My eyes are on the road...
I can name dozens of times I've needed to check the engine oil level when starting the car was not an option, let alone driving it around and waiting for it to get up to temp just to check the damn oil level.
I'm almost never concerned with oil level while driving. That is just not even a thing for me. Your world is not necessarily my world.

Quote:
How could having it active CAUSE a collision?
Please be specific - I am genuinely curious here.
Need to get tail around to avoid unseen on-coming vehicle while taking left turn onto new road.
Need to get tail around to avoid being t-boned by vehicle running a stop sign while I'm mid-way through the intersection.

I get it. You like traction control.
I do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVeRdOsE. View Post
mmm I see one bucket and a sponge?

At least its a white car.

But on black cars, you'll need a soap bucket, and rinse bucket and a microfiber chenille mitts. No circles, straight lines, up and down on vertical panel, no left right.
I know. I'd be saying the same thing.

I know how to wash a car. I'm now DEEP into the detailing scene.
However, at the time the budget just was not there. I was using the hose to rinse off the sponge (using 4, starting at the top, then beltline, then bottom, then wheels) between each trip to the bucket for soap. I was wiping front-to-back for sure. I was doing my best with the cheap equipment I have/had.

I'm slowly getting myself better things. I have two larger buckets now. I'm working on getting a microfiber pad instead of the sponges... I'm hoping to get a pressure washer soon. I'll be using better products...
It's not a lack of knowledge, it's just a lack of funds/equipment right now.

To make up for that, I've just had to do more labor rinsing the sponge with the hose (keep that tiny bucket clear of debris), and use ~4 sponges per wash versus one good pad.

Last edited by BenFenner; 05-13-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 1
MPOWER52664765.00