View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 05:14 AM   #35
tim_s
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 325 and e36 m3 evo

Great job!! Glad it worked out. Let me know how it runs with the update.
Remapping is just a hobby, I've variously over the years set up a few cars on standalone management (inc my e30 on megasquirt), I did a lot of my learning on the MSS50 out of the s50b32 - I learnt to do some very fancy things on that ecu including modifying the program to use a bigger map for the alpha-n /MAF-failure table and altering the vanos angles (more s54-like on the inlet cam) and various parameters. That all started from wanting to switch off the secondary air pump and alter the base fuelling and LTFTs to suit some uprated EV6 injectors and, well, spiraled a bit!
My latest project is decompiling a piece of software for Porsches to try to understand how to code/activate functions, mainly so that I can enable cruise control on my boxster, but also for the educational value.
I've been meaning to have a closer look at the N53 MSD80 binaries and have a look at some of the maps, but it's just finding the time - I'm not particularly motivated because I'm happy running a standard 330 map so it would just be for interest. Having said that I'd love to see the torque limiter (torque vs load) map, bet you it's seriously hamstrung on the 325 map. I've seen a few folk fitting air filters and performance exhausts to factory 325s which just seems like a complete waste of time on a torque limited dme - a reflash on these is by far the best bang for buck modification, it transforms the car. I'd also like to have a look at the generic flash I bought and see how that compares to the factory 330 map (they're very different!). Sadly my xdf for the n53 is currently very empty! I don't have a DAMOS/A2L for it either.
Appreciate 2