View Single Post
      02-27-2024, 11:06 AM   #1
SpaceSilver.X1
world's slowest BMW driver
Rep
Drives: U11, G60, W211, AZ20

BMW just gave me free upgrade to 22-inch tires on my X1. What's wrong with BMW app?

I originally asked this in another section of the forum.. but then realized that this problem must be the BMW app going cuckoo again.... what kinds of strange or weird things have people been seeing on the BMW app lately?

BMW just gave me free upgrade to 22-inch tires! (2023 X1 with stock 18" M wheels)

Yokohama ADVAN Sport V107E 315/35R22 summer tires.

Well.. at least that is what I'm seeing in the BMW app, under the tire pressure status. I didn't do anything on the app and I certainly didn't pay for those tires. Woke up and opened the app and the new tires were on there. I assume that BMW had to put these tires on 22-inch wheels, but I won't know until I get home tonight and look.

22-inch tires can't be comfortable. Guess I have to avoid driving to places with more than two potholes now? (edit: I probably can't steer with these huge tires on the front, so I guess I'm not going anywhere?) Also... Tire Rack shows these tires as $622 per tire and I'm not sure if I can stomach the cost to replace a whole set once they wear out? After taxes, it'll be more than $2700 for a set of 4.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0