View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
benton0311
Lance Corporal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, Graphite

MisterSkiMask

Thank you very much, I couldn't have asked for a more informative reply. I've been kind of thinking the same thing, that even a "Sporty" SUV isn't going to satisfy me after a while. Have you driven the Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S? I'm wondering if that would be a little better than the S or GTS. I've also considered the ML63 AMG.

I think the E60 wins it for me over the X5 from what you're telling me. Now it's just a matter of seeing if I can pull the trigger on the M5. Fuel economy won't be too much of an issue because I travel for work so I only put about 8,000 miles a year on my cars. The only issue I'm struggling with now is the ridiculous repair costs of the M5. I got a quote from USAA for $4109 for a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty so I've got to factor that into the overall cost. I got a call back from the dealer that had the M5 that I test drove and it turns out the oil pump was going out which was going to cost them over $5k so the car was no longer for sale.

I'm still thinking about the 535i but it's hard to find one with a sport package and manual transmission.
Appreciate 0