View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
Gator328i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
Agree that stop and go traffic sucks for a fast car, but the great thing is that a M5 can pick up children after school and be used for running errands. It's almost like a supercar inside a fat suit. For most people, having a sports car ends when they have children, but the M5 says, "Hey, you don't have to drive SUVs or Minivans!"

I think it would be a great kid hauler. I mean, isn't that why people love the m3 and m5? They give people who want the utility provided by a sedan chassis to experience a fast and fun car to drive every day.
I'm sure people do it, but I know of no one personally who uses an M car as a daily driver do-everything-in it vehicle. Everyone I know who has an M car, whether M3, M5, or M6, uses it as a second or even third vehicle. An M5 is an $80-90k car and to put car seats in it so junior can spill his kool-aid all over the backseat, draw a picture with his crayons on the arm rest, and spit crumbs all over the floorboards is the height of insanity. Anyone who does that doesn't DESERVE an M-car.

You put kids in a minivan or an SUV because you expect them to get torn up and trashed. If you're married with children, as I indicated, an M-car is fine for a date out with the wife, a romantic getaway with her, using for business, or just to use as your own four-wheeled personal therapist.

Owning an M5, or any M car for that matter, carries with it the responsibility to respect the vehicle for its uniqueness and rich heritage. You do that by utilizing the car for the appropriate purposes.