10-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #54
Rockyz
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
I went on the WickedCas website and looked at the JL Audio woofers they are offering in combination with the e90 enclosure. I must say, the pricing (for the subs) is very attractive, but be warned that none of the listed woofers is well matched with the 0.85 cu ft enclosure volume. The 10W1, 10W3 and 10W6 require smaller than 0.85 cf and all the others require over 1.1 cf.

So with the three 10" woofers as mentioned above, you should probably have to think about reducing the enclosure volume in order to get the subs the ideal amount of air space. Like I said though, the 10W6 did not work for me, so In would not recommend it in this application (and of course also not the W3 or W1 versions).

The 12" and 13" options they have will NOT work well with the given air space, and there is nothing you can do to fix that. The only fix is to find another sub that is better matched with the 0.85 cf.
Thank you for raising the point.

I was planning to buy only the enclosure from them with 12" opening, and order IDQ12V3.D4 elsewhere. As per the specs the IDQ12 it requires 1.0 cf. Is this a close match?
Appreciate 0