11-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
iMore
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X5 E70 3.0si Premium

Exclamation New E70 Owner - Questions!

Hello X5 World!

Always loved/wanted an X5, and now with the birth of my first child, had a legit excuse to purchase one! (Had to trade in my 10 month old Camaro RS )

Anyhow, had to setlle for the 3.5, 2009 - Pre LCI, but it has all the options. (had to go the economical/family car route) Immaculate and low miles. I'm very satisfied thus far! Can't wait to give it my own personal touches!

Now, the reason I'm here:

Had the X5 for two weeks now, and noticed two different (minor) issues -

1. Drivers Side fog light automatically turns on with auto headlights. JUST the one single fog light turns on. Its intermittent, but I'd say a good 80-90% of times the lights go on, this happens. When actually activating the fog lights via the fog light button, the second one turns on and functions properly, but when I turn them back off, the driver side still remains lit! Drives me bananas!
...has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Rear lift gate tail light/led strips are out (driver side) ...did some research, reviewed a few threads. Apparently this is somewhat common. Any suggestions/tips on how to resolve this one?

Pretty upset the dealership sold me the vehicle like this (I'm in CA) ...AND, luckily, I purchased the extended warranty. But before I take that route and have to deal with all that BS, just wondering if maybe there were some quick simple fixes that I can just attempt in my own garage?

Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0