View Single Post
      10-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #143
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
As far as comparisons to a tuned N54, in my experience, a 135i with Catless DPs, JB3, and 100 octane is a driver's race with an M5 until ~120mph. This isn't surprising, given both are low 12 second cars that trap in the mid 1-teens. I don't think there's any doubt that the fastest tuned 335is are faster than an M6, given they put down a similar amount of power to the wheels (perhaps down 20-30, 400-410 as opposed to 420-430), while weighing a few hundred pounds less.
I haven't heard of a 335i making anywhere near 500bhp yet. Perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying?

Last time I checked, the power in the 335i was comparatively near the M3, but not quite as much. (Coupled with the lack of all the other performance upgrades the M3 offers, it's no longer comparable.)

Anyways, everyone's opinions are different. Everyone is biased. And if you had a bad personal experience with the car then no amount of forum banter will alter that perception. You can either A) Take another test drive since some time as passed. Maybe you were doing something wrong or the car had a hidden issue. B) Accept that your opinion is the outlier here, and move on.

This is a BMW forum, full of BMW enthusiasts. Of course we will be biased to one degree or another. But it is widely accepted that the M5 and M6 are fast cars. Perhaps, your comparison is relative to some uber-fantastic cars. In which case, this thread is just as beaten to death as if you just didn't know what the hell you were talking about.