View Single Post
      01-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
BrasWien
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d xDrive GT Modern Lines

Waiting my 320d xDrive GT - February

My GT... is due to arrive by 15th February, so I'm in the middle of that painful process of waiting...

You have been posting very nice photos here, I'm glad to see that the car looks so nice in different colours and configurations.

Some weeks ago I ordered the car without xenon lights (I thought there would be "angel eyes" also with halogen lamps, but only later did I discover that they come together only with xenon).

Also, I opted to Modern Line, with cloth/leather seats in oyster color - they looked nice in the website configuration, but I saw some photos and I'm not sure if they are so nice in real life.

I contacted the dealer and I'm still waiting for an answer about the possibility of changing the configuration by adding xenon and maybe full leather seats... Anyway, this is no big deal, I think I have chosen other nice features in my config:

machine:
320 GT diesel engine (184 PS) xDrive
Sport automatic transmission
Servotronic

style:
Color Alpine White
Modern Line
18" wheels turbine style
Cloth/leather seats oyster color / black cockpit

add-ons:
Panorama glass roof
Park Distance Control
Rear view camera
Cruise control with braking function
Navigation Professional
Real time traffic information
HiFi loudspeakers
Automatic air condition
Active protection
Anti-dazzle mirrors
Storage compartment package
Front seats heating
Sliding armrest

Before pulling the trigger, I saw many reviews and controversial opinions about the style and utility of the 3er GT. This will be my first BMW, and I decided for the GT not only because of the space (2 humans and 2 dogs), but also because of the height of the seats, its unique style (although I'm not a fan of hatchbacks) and comfort for traveling.

My garage is quite narrow and low (in fact, it is a car elevator!), which reduced my choices. I didn't want a small 1 series, the 3 sedan is too low (my wife and I prefer seating in a higher position). The 4 coupe is really beautiful, but too low and not so practical. I'm crazy about the Z4, but it would be only a toy, not a tool. X1, X3 etc. would not fit into the garage. The GT can come in and out, with a mere 1 inch in both sides of the mirrors...

I saw some reviews saying that the driving experience of the GT is not 100% as sharp as in the 3 sedan (actually, the benchmark). But as I'm not a professional driver, I think this will not really make such a diference to me...

Finally, I chose the 320d model because here in Austria taxes are not so high for this power/fuel consumpion and I will need to resale the car in a few years.

I will post photos as soon as I get the car.

I wish you all a nice 2014!
Appreciate 0