View Single Post
      01-31-2014, 12:05 PM   #29
Fume
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 Porsche 718 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrytruman View Post
I put on ~15 miles right after I installed the tune last night and then another ~25 on my drive to work this morning. I'm being very mindful of placebo within the new tune 15-mile break-in period, so I'm essentially writing off the drive from last night. Regardless, I think the biggest changes are more noticeable during my morning drive -- the same drive that I make every day. Power is more readily available at all RPM ranges and the power delivery is a lot smoother. It's definitely not a major ~50bhp change but it's very noticeable and the overall responsiveness seems greatly improved.

Commuting in Seattle is a frustrating and often a miserable experience, but this morning was actually fun! Coming down the I-5 on-ramp in 2-4 gear, full throttle, the torque seemed to have been kicked up, especially at ~3500 RPM when the DISA valves opened. On I-5 through downtown Seattle, maneuvering in/around slow idiots, 3-6 gear was simply far more responsive. And once I finally got out of traffic, the increased power while cruising at 72 MPH in 6th gear and letting on the throttle was *way* more noticeable. The car now immediately gains speed to the point that I didn't have to downshift to quickly pass cars.

It seems like the power delivery has changed enough that my normal speed and shifting had to be readjusted. It simply pulls harder, pulls easier, and there's more available power at all times now. Actually, for the first time in quite a while I'm wanting to simply drive for the sheer enjoyment of driving!

*Edit*

Story time! When I first started uploading the tune last night, the Evolve program began deleting the existing ECU and writing the new file. It almost immediately failed and displayed errors about the connection timing out, about the security keys not matching, and a few other things. Bricks were shat as the interior lights all turned on and the dash console was constantly chiming with the service alert. I turned the car off, reseated the ODB-II cable, and restarted the process -- with great success this time around.
Thanks for sharing again! I share your pain about the Seattle traffic for commuting. I drive across the 520 bridge every day and it's just terrible. Some other cities might have a lot of idiot drivers but Seattle seems to have all the slow idiot drivers.

Anyway, does anyone know theoretically what kind of HP difference there is between 10:1 compression vs 10.7:1 engine?
Appreciate 0