View Single Post
      11-04-2021, 09:13 AM   #32
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
Glasgow:
In the latest news updates I hear that in Belgium (say Europe) only zero emission vehicles will be allowed as from 2027. For 2nd hand cars, this rule starts as from 2029. This implies that customers buying TODAY probably best choose a BEV when they would ever want to sell their vehicle in the future. The economical value of a non BEV will drop to zero very fast the coming few years.
When this law is amended the coming weeks or months, I wonder how fast the investments in ICE/PHEV will be cut.
I see your point and don't want to involve politics in this thread. Just pointing out that you are referring to very recent statements made by the Flemish Minister of Transport disclosing her future plans for future mobility in the Flemish region (to be distinguished from other Belgian regions). Objective fact: the referenced plans have not yet materialized/enacted into Flemish legislation as we speak (see here and here). Time will tell.

About vehicle emission standards for exhaust emissions of new vehicles sold in the European Union and EEA member states and the UK: see for example here.

For sure we will see cities further restricting access of ICE vehicles (either a ban or expensive access tax of vehicles exceeding set emissions levels). That's also a factor to take into account when buying a new or second hand car.

The German companies Porsche and Siemens Energy will start producing "eFuels" in 2022 (hydrogen-based fuel). Also Exxon Mobil is involved in the project. Major benefit: you can pump it into a standard gasoline-powered vehicle without needing to make any adjustments to the engine (see here, here and here).