View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Ichiro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AweSam8 View Post
The installers I will go through told me that Ventureshield looks more invisible than Xpel, but still recommends Xpel over it due to its durability and self-healing properties. I'm thinking I will go the Xpel route---Just how hard is it to clean the edges off the bra after waxing or quick detailing? Thanks!
Well, I haven't applied any wax yet to my Expel, just a decontamination and then Optimum Opti-Seal (which is a wipe on and walk away process - no buffing off required). So far no issues with the edges except for the driver side view mirror. Due to the curved nature of the E89 mirrors, the template for the film needs to have a seam in the middle - this has somehow collected a bit of dirt and looks stained in that gap - even after washing. Although this is minor, I will be revisiting the installer to get it fixed. The other side mirror is fine.

The 3M on the X1 does attract some of the liquid waxes, but no issue with paste waxes. And every quarter I just trace the edges with a Q-tip and some IPA solution to remove any buildup, then wash it off and dry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
I didn't vote because I had mine opti-coated, then paint protection film, then the paint protection film was opti-coated
Nicely done!
Appreciate 0