View Single Post
      04-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
bmw-nj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335 xdrive M sport

BMW Flat Bottom Steering Wheaels

I just went and test drove an 2014 Audi S4. I received a letter in the mail for $75 to stop in and test drive the car so I figured I would give it a try. I wanted to see how it compared to my F30 335xi M sport.

I know it sounds trivial but I really liked the Audi flat bottom steering wheel in the S4. It was much smaller than the one in my car and had a great feel to it. I wonder why BMW has not decided to go with flat bottom steering wheels. Any ideas?

I looked up the steering wheel online and they retail for $2,700 aftermarket. Is the cost the issue?

Besides the steering wheel which I clearly really liked the S4 was a great car. It had a great interior (two tone seats) and the handling was on par if not slightly better than my car I felt. The exterior seemed boring for a performance model. It was over 90% a basic A4. The navigation system was difficult to use and cumbersome in my opinion. To go into sport mode (they call it dynamic) you had to go through a few screens. Even to change the temperate the salesman was going through various screens.

Overall great car but for I need to lease for business purposes and their residuals are awful.
Appreciate 0