willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblee View Post
I'm about to need to make this choice, too. One of my rear Bridgestone RFTs is just below 3mm on the inside edge, and only about 3.5mm on the centre and outside, so I think I'm going to need to switch it soon. The other rear still has about 4-5mm left, but I'd switch them as an axle set anyway so it's largely irrelevant. The options I'm considering are:

1. Two new Bridgestone RFTs to rear - £400 plus fitting
2. New Michelin PS2 RFT all round - £875 plus fitting
3. New Michelin PS2 all round - £620 plus fitting
4. New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric all round - £500 plus fitting

I'm disinclined to go with 1, as I'm not happy with the ride quality of my existing Bridgestones. 2 is insanely expensive and I'm not convinced there's a huge benefit. So, that leaves 3 and 4. Reviews and opinions online seem to suggest the Goodyears are at least as good as the PS2s, and £100 cheaper, so I'm leaning towards that at the moment. Anyone have any opinions?

Oh, car's an E92 335i on 18" 189s (18"x8 front, 18"x8.5 rear). I'm probably sticking with stock sizes, so 225/40R18 front and 255/35R18 rear, unless there's a reason I shouldn't?

I've got Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics on my 189 Style alloys and can't fault them, never tried the PS2s but they have proved to be the top choice for most. Either Michelin PS2s, Continental Contisport 3s or Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics should do you fine.
Appreciate 0