Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
how you managed to extrapolate that over the big statistic is beyond me. i'll repeat it since you didn't see it...0 (zero) super bowl wins. last NFL championship was 1960 (pre-super bowl). that's a 52 year drought. makes the cowboys' troubles seem trivial. but then again, cowboys playoff troubles are more publicized, because more is expected of them in general. everyone quit talking about the eagles weeks ago because not much was expected of them after they dropped so many games and no one really cares for them. in reality, the current cowboys and eagles teams aren't too far apart. a whole bunch of individuals that can't work together. so i stand by my original point that philly is the redheaded step child of the NFC east. always vying for attention, but can never close the deal when they get it. good or bad, the cowboys are always talked about. good or bad, the giants are always talked about. only good are the eagles ever talked about, but the conversation always ends in disappointment.
You're mad, not sure why though. Maybe because your season just ended.

Your past superbowl wins helped you how exactly this season?

I love how people rely on their past wins and championships, but only when they are CURRENTLY playing like shit. The argument is always, "Yea, you might have beat us this season, but we won so many championships so hah." Even now, the current regular season is over, and those losses are in the past. The Cowboys might just wipe the floor with the Eagles next year, but your superbowl wins from before aren't going to make that happen...

Good argument.

And how was more expected of the Cowboys this season than the Eagles? The Eagles season was the most disappointing of all NFL teams by far (statistically speaking). They had the numbers. How the hell does a team with the 3rd ranked offense and 8th ranked defense not even make it into playoffs?

For someone who claims to not really be bothered by the Eagles winning, you have a lot of hate for no real reason.