View Single Post
      11-23-2023, 10:44 PM   #1
bosstjm3
bossteej86
Rep
Drives: E92M3(2), F30 340, F150&X5 45e

E92 M3 Track Build

Hi BMW Community,

My name is TJ and for the past 12 months I have been building my E92 M3 to be a track toy with plates. I am just sharing what I have done YTD and hoping to get feedback and advice from all the seasoned e9X track enthusiasts. I purchased a bone stock 2012 DCT E92 M3 with 85k miles December 6th of last year with no receipts haha. I have gone to a couple shops for a wide range of maintenance and upgrades. The shops I have gone to are preformance eurowerks in Chicago area as well as Seems Legit Garage in Shelby. I have only done 8 track days this season to shake the car down and see the progression but hoping to double that next season

Maintenance & Cosmetic
- Rod Bearings with new motor mounts ( BE w ARP)
- TA's ( EAE rebuilt)
- Aluminum Vanos covers
- Valve Cover Gaskets
-DCT Full service
-Fuel Breather Valve
-Brake Vacuum Pressure Sensor. Failed on track
-Lux Amber Angel Eye
-Paint Correction
-Carplay
-Rear seat delete kit

Performance Upgrades
-DO88 full kit
-Dyno Tune and Trans Tune @PE by Alex
-Eventuri Plenum and Intake
-AP 9660 and AP 9449
-EAE PS Upgrade and undertray
-GT4 Aero from MKtrackparts
-BW x pipe resonated w corsa muffler
-Fall Line Half Cage w Sparco Evo L and Lifeline
-KMP Gen 1
-MCS 2 Way Remote w GC Plates
- Apex Vs-5rs ( 18x10 et25 square)-285 pzero scrubs
- Apex Vs-5rs ( 18x9.5 and 18x10.5)- re71rs

Things I am seeking Advice & feedback on from anyone who is willing to help.
1.What are the best bushings for this chassis ? Planning to redo with solid subframe and poly everything else?
2. Is SPL full kinematics the best solution for kinematics or BW/ turner? Heard they are little tricky to install/ maintain
3. Does the diff make a crazy difference? Heard great things about 3.62 Diffsonline if keeping NA but lot of cheddar
4. Is ESS G1 the best SC to get for this chassis for 15 minute DE sessions? If so, what is the ideal diff ratio to pair with or could keep stock?
5. Weight reduction? - Is anti gravity a no brainer? Any easy big ticket items/ suggestions as current at 3550#s w half tank and no driver.
6. Anything else? Is this too much too soon? I think the car is in a great spot after all new bushings to just be a NA track rat w full interior ...
Made an insta for the car @bosstjm3 if want to follow along on this journey

Thanks in advance - TJ
Attached Images

Appreciate 10