View Single Post
      11-21-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
MINI is adapting to the demands of MINI customers that want a MINI but need extra flexibility. Crossovers are a booming market and continue to do so.
Crossovers are decimating traditional segments. This MINI is slightly larger than a countryman. Globally MINI countryman is the best selling MINI but Countryman customers want more flexibility.
Not true, many Countrymen owners want a better car, one that isn't trying to be two things, I believe BMW couldn't decide if they wanted the Countryman to fight the Golf or the Tigan, so they fucked up and built something inbetween. I own a Countryman, it's an ok car but it is in no way as good a MINI as the Clubman I owned before.

I like the car in this photo, the Clubman will be so much better with 4 proper passanger doors. In all likelyhood I will trade my Countryman in for it when it arrives.

IMO MINI should use this to replace the Countryman along with the 5 door MINI, this is a great alternative to Golf, Focus etc....the next generation Countryman should then become a proper small SUV.
Appreciate 0