01-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #26
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
hold up... "those who do makes life more difficult for the rest of us?"
since when does my life actions have to cater to your needs?? if i chose to give my SA a gift for xmas / hanukkah etc, that's my choice, lol...

unless when people say "tip" they just mean straight cash... then i see your point... technically, they aren't allowed to receive cash...

HOWEVER, i am that guy who will go to vegas / atlantic city, and always for a nice "tip" that i slide the front desk person, i do get upgraded to a suite... it's just the way of life, fortunately or unfortunately...
I didnt say you can't give a gift for an occasion. That and tipping are two completely different things, but you are right, in certain circumstances its just the way it is. I still firmly believe that tipping in North America is getting out of hand.
Of coarse, you can do what you like, but when you start or participate in a trend that only benefits those that participate in that trend, then others lose out.
So if half the ppl tip a certain SA, and the others don't, guess who gets better service, even though they are not suppose to get "tips".

I guess we just have a difference in opinion, and I can respect that.