View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
Raptor04
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

TMAP sensor voltages - Asking for a favor via some of your time.

Asking for a favor via some of your time.

Can someone please check their stock or 3.5 bar tmap sensor voltages at the harness where it connects to the tmap sensor with a multimeter and report back the voltages of the yellow wire, yellow/blue wire, and yellow/red wire?

I am trying to diagnose why my car throws a 2abc fault code, which triggers the 1/2 engine light, with the 3.5 bar sensor upon initial startup, but the 2abc code and 1/2 engine light go away after immediately restarting the car and then the car runs normal.

I have checked continuity and voltage at the dme and harness. All wires have good continuity from dme to harness to include the ground. The yellow wire and yellow/blue wire show ~5.03v while the yellow/red wire which is the temperature sensor shows ~3.5V. These readings are with the ignition on, but car not started yet.

I have changed out the 3.5 bar sensor once already. I am running IJEOS MHD flash tune only with custom tune with voltage scaling adjusted in the tune and have the 3.5 bar option checked in MHD.

Curious if the above voltages are normal for the stock sensor and others using the 3.5 bar sensor.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide voltage info or has any other ideas on how to possibly resolve.

Last edited by Raptor04; 12-06-2020 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0