View Single Post
      04-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
So thinking about doing an upgrade to one of our vehicles. Currently have a '09 Cayenne and a '12 MB E (and the bimmer, of course )

I know these are totally different cars in totally different segments, in fact, completely different style, but just wanted some opinion.

Initially when the Macan was revealed, I thought trading up with the Cayenne was a no-brainer. Macan is sleeker, faster, incredible improvement in interior compared to the last gen Cayenne that I have, and all with practicality of sufficient trunk space to haul things when needed. However, after seeing more 2014 S classes on the street, it is making me reconsider.

I am still unsure about the S exterior design, but it being an S class alone really gives it that "boss" status when it drives by. That, and the interior is a level of it's own Completely blows the Macan out of the water. Have not been in the 2015 yet personally, but with all the technology, I'm sure it will drive like a boat (and that's a good thing - soft, comfortable, luxurious).

For both Macan and S class (looking at the S and 550, respectively) it would be current vehicle + another $35k on top. For those who've test driven either, or have looked into either car, feel free to chime in.

My gut says to go for the S class, since the Cayenne is more of a "beater" anyway that we used in the family to take out the garbage for recycling, carry larger merchandise, grocery shopping, and getting a new vehicle just to do the dirty work doesn't really make sense. However, I think going from a 09 Cayenne to a 14 Macan will be more of an "upgrade" in terms interior feature, engine upgrade, exterior design etc. compared to a relatively new 12 E to a 14 S Class. That and the Cayenne is really starting to show its age while the E (2012 production date) is still relatively new.

Time to do some reading online!
I recently drove the new, redesigned S-Class and it was simply sublime.
Gone: '18 W205 C43 Sedan
Gone: '13 W204 C63 Sedan
Appreciate 0