Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Mr and Mrs Accel Junky Dual F80 M3 European Delivery - Tons of Photos

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
THREAD UPDATED WITH COMPLETE WRITEUP AND PICTURES.

My wife and I managed to talk ourselves into purchasing his and hers manual transmission 2015 M3s. Having done an epic European Delivery mountain pass driving adventure with a 335i back in 2008, I knew ED was the only way to go for getting a new BMW. This is where the story begins...

The trip was Thurs to Thurs, Oct 9-16. Unfortunately due to some obligations with unknown dates, I had to schedule the trip with arrival several days before the delivery at the Welt and leave only 3 days after delivery. The original plan was to arrive the morning of the delivery and spend a week with the cars (or one of them).

The intinerary we executed (cliff's notes, see posts below for the complete narrative and photos):
Thursday Oct 9 - We fly from Atlanta to Newark to Zurich.
Friday Oct 10 - Train from Zurich to Lucerne. Arrive at Cascada hotel. Explore Lucerne (Chapel Bridge, Lion of Lucerne, etc...) Eat dinner at Stern restaurant.
Saturday Oct 11 - Family friend takes us on a drive in country side up St Gotthard pass & to locally-famous Glasi Hergiswil glass factory. Jet lag nap. Dinner at Old Swiss House where they cook wienerschnitzel table-side.
Sunday Oct 12 - Train back to Zurich to pick up rental car. Drive to Vaduz castle in Liechtenstein. Dip into Italy and back to Austria to drive Grossglockner High Alpine Road. Arrive outside Munich to sleep before delivery.
Monday Oct 13 - Drop off rental. Dual delivery at Welt (same agent, same time). Factory tour. Explore Welt. Dropoff wife's M3. Drive mine to Nurburgring Hotel am Tiergarten.
Tuesday Oct 14 - Day trip to Vianden, Luxembourg. Castle tour plus lunch in town. Back to Nurburgring visitor center for info, souvenirs, explore. Drive 3 laps on Nurburgring tourist session in evening. Dinner at Pistonklause.
Wednesday Oct 15 - Day trip to Bruges, Belgium. Stopped in Netherlands on the way. Belfry tower climb, canal boat tour, Belgian waffles, shopping.
Thursday Oct 16 - Drive to Frankfurt. Wash car at self wash. Dropoff my M3 and taxi to airport to fly home.

Last edited by Accel Junky; 08-04-2015 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 1