02-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #13
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakev724 View Post
love the look of the 4 door e30s. and yeah, s54 swaps are great and all but the amount of time involved would make me question if it's worth it, even if I found all the parts in a shed. Guy in the thread was going through wiring diagrams and went through at least 2 full e46m harnesses, not to mention custom fabrication of a bunch of parts that obviously wouldn't just swap over.

A buit + possibly boosted M/S 50/52 makes much more sense i think, considering all the hard work has already been done in all the swaps that have come before.

this reminds me of a custom fabricated e30 around an s85. obviously ferrari-price but I don't think it gets any better than that.
Totally agree on the built and boosted M50... which is why there's an M50 in my garage there's turbo parts, MLS headgasket, ARP studs, etc lying around too. 450 wheel is my eventual goal (anything more in an E30 is pretty much unusable) and the only real reason I'd go S54 is to feed my inner purist and stay N/A.

Oh and that S85... especially with the Dinan stroker... is God's gift to pavement.
Appreciate 0